Some of you have been reading from day one.
Some of you are friends, and just catch up every now and then.
Even if I know you in person, there are probably a lot of things that you don't know about me....
- I've always wanted brown hair. Like my cousin Elise. But I've never been brave enough to try it. I want a chocolate brown.
- I don't like pizza. Or eggs. Or lasagna.
- I love ruffles.
- I feel very passionate about the work that the Junior League of Winston-Salem has done for the community. I love all of my time spent with that organization. LOVE it.
- I wear flip flops all year round.
- I wear hooded sweatshirts all year round.
- I am wearing a pair of flip flops and a hooded sweatshirt right now.
- I love ruffles. (I just realized I typed this twice. Must be pretty important, so I left it in.)
- I want to eat ice cream every day. My favorite kind is the now-extinct One Sweet Whirled by Ben and Jerry's.
- If my house was on fire and I could only grab one thing, it would be my baby blanket (after the kids and dog. duh.).
- I've spent most of my life addicted to diet dr pepper. That's an understatement.
- Last year I gave up soda forever. Hardest thing I've ever done. But now I don't really miss it.
- All of my kids were born on their due date.
- I love Bon Jovi and Michael Jackson and Phil Collins.
- I've met Oprah.
- I've met Quin Snyder. You probably don't know who that is but it was a lot more exciting for me than meeting Oprah.
- We just got satellite tv. For the first time since Anna Jane has been a baby we have more than 14 channels. I've spent a lot of time in the last 2 weeks watching General Hospital and Beverly Hills 90210.
- I love my high school. It is a stellar academic institution. I wish I could send my kids there. We are too far. And too poor.
- I'm good at catering but not good at hosting. So if you come to a party at my house, you will find me hiding in the kitchen.
- I trained for a half marathon but sustained a stress fracture a week and a half before my race. So 12 miles was my longest run. Not long enough to stick one of those 13.1 bumper stickers on my car.
- Anna Jane is named after my mom (Joanna) and my mother in law (Jane).
- I love carbs.
- I can count on one hand how many times I've slept through the night over the past 7-8 years. Doesn't have anything to do with the kids.
- I love Herve Chapelier bags. I WEAR THEM OUT. One time I was looking through my bag for something to write with and pulled out a raw sweet potato. It didn't surprise me but it surprised the friend I was sitting next to. And she's a chef. How has she never found a raw vegetable in the bottom of her bag?
- I used to be a rock star.
- I was the leading scorer on my college field hockey team. If you were on my team, you realize why I feel like this was a big deal.
- I hate to wash dishes by hand. It's gross.
- Some of my favorite ingredients are almond extract, coconut milk, and basil.
- I saw John Mayer play at Ziggy's. There were maybe 100 people there. He was so much calmer before anyone knew who he was.
- I've never lived in an apartment. I bought a house straight out of the dorm.
- I cried with joy the day I got my kitchenaid mixer. At a bridal shower. From my mom.
- My sister is tall and has brown eyes and is outgoing. I am short and have blue eyes and keep to myself. We went to the same college and people were always surprised to find out we were sisters.
- Nothing makes me feel better than having a suntan.
- I need to transform my basement into a sewing studio. NEED to.
- One of my greatest friends from home conducted our wedding ceremony and baptized two of our kids. We can't wait to see how the third kid turns out.
- My favorite flower is the peony.
- I love bluegrass music.
- I declined my invitation to become a debutante, I pull the skin off of fried chicken and throw it in the trash, and I order unsweet tea at restaurants. Other than that, I'm a pretty good southerner.
It's funny what comes to mind when you decide to share things with people.
Did you know any of these things about me?